This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
When you mark a message as unread does it show on others FACEBOOK message thread?
08-28-2013, 10:51 AM
When you mark a message as unread does it show on others FACEBOOK message thread?
I have searched online and found varying answers. I sent someone a message on Wednesday which they read. The time it was read is given. However now the message is just showing as sent - the time it was read has disappeared. I thought when you mark something as unread it's only to sort your messages but it appears that the senders info is changed . Can anyone clear this up ?

Thank you
I said it needs clearing up because everyone has a different opinion . I just tested this by marking messages as unread and if on FB messanger it doesn't change the senders info. However on Safari the time read has disappeared . Ususlly mark as unread is for your use only.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-28-2013, 10:53 AM

when you mark a message as "unread" after you read it, it will appear to the sender of the message as if it has not been read

the sender being you in this case

not sure what needs clearing up, it's pretty self explanatory if you ask me

Ads

08-28-2013, 11:09 AM

no it does not