This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can I make three facebook accounts from the same IP address at once w/out it looking suspicious?
08-28-2013, 01:31 PM
Can I make three facebook accounts from the same IP address at once w/out it looking suspicious?
My two friends and I are creating our facebook accounts at my house but I heard a story that if you create too many facebook accounts/ log in and out of too many facebook accounts from one computer facebook will block you and your IP address from using Facebook? My two parents and two older sisters already use facebook on this IP, and, including my two friends that means 5 people will be using this computer, 7 using this internet connection, if I let my friends create their facebook accounts here will I get banned?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-28-2013, 01:42 PM

The story you heard was a lie. Facebook sees the accounts as the more the merrier because they can brag about the excess number of accounts they have. I have 7 people in my family and we each have an account and everyone uses my laptop so there should be absolutely no problem.

Ads

08-28-2013, 01:59 PM

it has more to do with than just your IP address

they also use your mac address, and watch to see if you use the same names, or add the same friends

they arent going to ban your IP address tho, all they will do is lock all of your accounts until you are able to verify one of them using a unique phone number and delete the other ones

it's against the rules to create more than one account, so if it were me, i wouldnt let them do it