This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Would you recommend attending a Guns 'N' Roses concert?
08-28-2013, 09:07 PM
Would you recommend attending a Guns 'N' Roses concert?
I have an opportunity to see G'N'R in the near future. But I am not overly patient and given Axl's past "devil may care" views of actually starting a show on time, I reluctant to buy a ticket and then face the dilemma of having to bail or wait around until his massively oversized ego is ready to go.

If you had to go to work at 8 a.m. the next morning, would you buy a ticket to one of their shows knowing his history?

BQ - If you have seen them live, how recently did you see them, and did Axl actually "allow" a punctual start of the show?

BQQ - If you are aware of anything in the recent music press that would suggest he has begun to actually respect his fans, I would appreciate those links.

The guy is an amazing talent, but the older I get, the less tolerance I have for arrogant egomaniacs. I am curious if the guy has managed to actually grow up a little.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-28-2013, 09:14 PM

I dont see why not?

Ads

08-28-2013, 09:22 PM

Lets begin with ... stop slating Axl Rose if you hate him so much why are you considering going.

I went on their last tour last year May 23rd 2012 in Newcastle Metro Radio Arena. And what a fu'cking amazing show it was. I was bang at the front!!

He starts with Chinese Democracy then Welcome to the Jungle. Both old and new songs are played throughout, Dj Ashba does his solo, which had me an emotional wreck.
Later Axl plays ''Hey teacher leave those kids alone'' song... on his piano slowly leading to November Rain.

He tells a little bit of a story every now and again but he isn't as energetic as he used to be in his days. But then again he had just come from hospital on the night of our tour as it shows on his twitter.

Thin Lizzy were their special guest who were on from 8.30 til 9.45pm, then the show began at 10.15 ish- And we were still rocking til about 1.45am ish.

Best show ever! Ashba launched himself into the crowd. Bent my finger back, then tweeted me the next day saying he saw me as he was already following me. I nearly pi'ssed myself waking up to my inbox haha !