This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I have a great idea for a social network site. Looking for a business partner who could invest in my idea?
10-13-2012, 06:39 AM
I have a great idea for a social network site. Looking for a business partner who could invest in my idea?
I think I have come up with a fantastic idea for a new social network site like FB,etc.
It would be totally different from anything else out there and advertisers would have maximum hits from it.
I have business experience but have no programming or any real internet marketing experience.
Looking for either someone to join me who can create the site or an investor who could fund it

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2012, 06:47 AM

The problem with social networks is that there are so many of them. You can't expect people to maintain half a dozen profiles just because some friends are on one while others are on another. Also when a social network site folds, the contacts as well as the time and effort that went into the site goes with it and there has been enough social networks folding that people are wary of an unknown.

You see networks like FB federating with other sites to try and make their login ID more universal. Currently federating the login is the battleground for the social network. Social network sites are also trying to leverage email services in order to become the profile of choice. If your concept helps a user manage multiple social network sites, transfer and preserve contacts and content if the various sites should become defunct then you might have a chance but if your idea is just enhanced functionality then file it under the better mouse trap and forget about it.

Ads

The other answer is true Scott. However if your idea is so radically different and worthwhile I would be interested in talking to you. I'm a very experienced programmer with alot of web development experience as well as extensive software development experience

Snap back into reality. You are not going to be the next Mark Zuckerberg. I am an internet marketing business owner and I hear statements like yours everyday. Trust me it isn't going to happen. Even if you did have some great original idea all facebook has to do is roll out the same functionality into its platform and your website is pointless. They just did it to Foursquare by launching Facebook Places and they would do it to you.

How many people do you have in your social network.. 0! Facebook has billions. It is a loosing battle trust me.