This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why is facebook doing this to me?
08-30-2013, 02:17 AM
Why is facebook doing this to me?
when I logged into my account heres what it said
Dear My Name

We've detected some unusual activity on your Facebook account,
and it looks like your password may have become known to a third party.

In order to protect you and your Facebook account we need to confirm your identity and the authenticity of your account.
Please provide the following information so we can avoid it in future.

Then it started asking for my credit card details and I cant go on facebook but I can on my other computers and plus I never did anything wrong on facebook I add people that I know and stick to the rules

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-30-2013, 02:29 AM

if it's only happening on one computer, then that computer is infected with something

have you tried using a different browser on that computer? because if the same thing happens in all browsers, it's something installed on your computer (like a virus) but if it only happens in one browser, then that means it's a browser extension that is hijacking your traffic

disable all of your browser extensions in that case

Ads

08-30-2013, 02:46 AM

Sounds like you got phished. fB should never ask your CC details. Try entering FB address in the URL bar without using any saved links or shortcuts. Make sure the web address is correct before entering any info, then change your password for sure.
08-30-2013, 02:59 AM

If you can access your facebook from all computers except one, then that one computer must be infected with some virus. If you don't have a virus scanner, I suggest AVG. It's free and can clean up your computer. Also, be sure to never give out that kind of information, especially to free websites like Facebook. They don't need your credit card details to verify you. I've had hack attempts on my own facebook account. I was able to verify myself through my email and phone.