This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why would Facebook give me a notification of a status update late?
08-30-2013, 03:05 PM
Why would Facebook give me a notification of a status update late?
I have about 100 friends on my Facebook. (I deactivated my old one). I was sick of stupid notifications from likes and fake "friends".
So I made sure to never use "close friends" because frankly, I have next to no notifications and I like it that way.

A friend of mine posted a status two days ago. It was covertly about me, so only I would know really. I just "liked" it. No commenting.

Yesterday I received a notification saying "___ updated their status '_____'". Doesn't Facebook only do that for "close friends"? And why late?

I asked my best friend about it, since it was actually a rather important status for me.. and she said she'd received a notification too. She doesn't use "close friends" either.

What the status pertained to was me, but she was in on the situation (a little) as well. Why inform me is of their status update LATER than it had been posted?

Does it mean we had been tagged and later removed? Is it a reminance?

lol sorry for the paranoia Smile it's just that.. it could make or break something.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-30-2013, 03:21 PM

Same here. I think it's because u haven't been on in a while so they give a u notification about someone you talked to before over fb

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply