This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help! Someone called the police because I had Facebook pictures of their family.?
08-30-2013, 03:54 PM
Help! Someone called the police because I had Facebook pictures of their family.?
The pictures were on the Internet, so I don't think it's illegal. What will happen? Will I get in trouble?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-30-2013, 04:01 PM

Why you have pics of someone else's family you creep!

Ads

08-30-2013, 04:15 PM

First delete those pictures and why would you do that? How did you get the pictures? and I do not think you could get in trouble.
08-30-2013, 04:27 PM

It is illegal if they gave no consent. If the children in the images are underage this could put you on an underage child offender list.
08-30-2013, 04:37 PM

That may depend on what you were doing with the pictures, but it does not sound like you have anything to worry about.
08-30-2013, 04:46 PM

it depends on weather
1. if you had consent
2. if you were asked to remove it
3. if there were children in the picture
4. if you are/aren't that close with the family

if you had consent or they called the police without asking you to remove it first, then depending on the officer and your attitude you will probably be fine.
if there were children in the photograph then you could get in a lot of trouble depending on how well you know the family.
and also if you got the photographs of the internet that doesn't look good, in fact it looks really bad if you don't know them well.

just remember if the police come to your house give them respect they are only doing there job and you would not want to get on the wrong side of them. explain your side and how you never meant any harm and im sure they will be very understanding,
08-30-2013, 05:02 PM

really they called the police? overreaction much. they could have just flagged them lol. no what u did was not illegal.