This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I find out who the sender is on Facebook?
08-31-2013, 02:40 AM
How do I find out who the sender is on Facebook?
I admin a page on Facebook and this girl messages us asking if we could share her page. Some other admin started sending her hate for no reason and didn't include their signature/sign off name, so we don't know who the sender is. Me and two other admins are working hard to find out who the sender is so we can get them kicked off the page. No one is confessing. How do I find out who this is so I can inform the owner? Is there a way I can trace the message back to a computer and get their profile? Is there anyway I can find out? I can't really report the message because then I will basically be reporting the page. Someone help?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-31-2013, 02:40 AM

reporting the message on the page doesnt report the page

but if you click on the person's profile who left the message and it tells you nothing about the person, then you obviously need to rethink who you let me an admin in the future - never make anyone an admin of your page if you dont know them in person, as things like this happen, and there is no way to track back and figure out who is was if their profile is a fake profile

Ads

08-31-2013, 02:52 AM

I would say no, since it is Facebook and not a Blog, there's no way to trace the IP address.....

And yeah, if you report the message, you would be reporting your FB Page. I would just let it go and inform ALL of your Page Administrators that sending hate responses is unacceptable and it risks your FB page being reported. At least the girl "messaged" to ask....and didn't just post her FB Page on your FB Page, like a lot of folks do.

How many Admins. does your FB Page have? (You+2+?) = 1 too many Smile