This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I'm confused what is Social Media exactly?
10-13-2012, 07:53 AM
I'm confused what is Social Media exactly?
Is Social media the same as social networking like Facebook, Twitter?

Or is it still media i.e. tv, radio, newspapers but with a social side?

I'm confused please point me in the write direction.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2012, 08:01 AM

Social media is the first set, social networking where you are interacting with other users rather than simply receiving content.

Ads

You have answered your own question, And the answer is ...yes it is, but you have forgotten texting, emailing, mobile phones etc..

They are all social media.

Social media is often used as marketing to the community of people sharing content with other means. Each person writes about the facts and information, and share with others, then this information from others who are not the original poster of this information is shared.

Social media can be any kind of business, and if done properly, can help relationships with consumers and other businesses across the network and awareness of their service.

As per my knowledge social media is a source which provides the society with the knowledge of the happenings and events around the world like tv radio i believe that facebook twitter is a part of social media

Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin etc IS NOT Social Media, they are technological platforms which support interaction between two people.

Any platform where two people can interact with each other becomes a Social Media platform be it blog, forum, Facebook, Twitter or even Gtalk for that matter.

Social Media however is "A platform where two people can interact with each other and share Knowledge, Music, Video, Thoughts, Documents & Even Time".

However it is not same as any other format of Media like Radio, Newspaper or TV as user behavior and way you communicate differs, format of traditional medium has "one way communication" but on Social Media its "Two way communication" hence people can reply back to you. So its nice to get instant replies while you engage with them but be ready to get something back if they are not happy with your brand, product or services.

Hope this answers your question for more information you may visit our website or write us at info@socialmedia18.com