This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is the difference between blocking and defriending someone of Facebook?
09-03-2013, 03:21 AM
What is the difference between blocking and defriending someone of Facebook?
I have a coworker that I don't want to see my posts, yet I don't want to defriend her. Is that possible? I read that if I block her, my name will be removed from her friend list. If that's the case, then what's the difference?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2013, 03:34 AM

Blocking her means that you will not be able to view her page or any mention of her anywhere. Defriending her makes her one of the billions of people who aren't your friend, and you can change your privacy settings for such.

Ads

09-03-2013, 03:41 AM

De friending is when you or the other person don't see your post
Blocking is when you prohibet the person to see your page
09-03-2013, 03:45 AM

Blocking means you will be completely invisible to her. If you had some conversations with that person earlier, now , your name will be changed to "Facebook User". (they will know you blocked them)
Unfriending means that you are no longer friends in FB, but still you are visible to that person. (they will know that you unfriended them)

The Best thing you could do is Putting that person in a 'Restricted' Friend List.
Go to your 'Friends' tab and click on the pencil icon and chose 'restricted' link. Add that person here.
Next time when you are posting, choose Audience accordingly by clicking on the 'Post Privacy' button (an earth-globe like button on the side of 'post' button)
Relax.. :-)
That person will not get notified that you have put them in 'Restricted' List.....
09-03-2013, 03:53 AM

If you don't want her to see your stuff then why did you add her on Facebook in the first place? Just delete her or "defriend" her because blocking her is a really mean thing to do