This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to block someone on Facebook without them knowing?
09-03-2013, 06:08 AM
How to block someone on Facebook without them knowing?
I'm friends with this girl who posts something annoying very often- maybe every hour to every few hours- so she's constantly on my dashboard. I avoid Facebook now because of her; she's ALWAYS on.
We already have some tension and I don't want to increase it by unfriending or blocking her; she told me herself that she looks at mine quite a bit, so she'd know very quickly...

Any solutions?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2013, 06:23 AM

I hear you on this one as I've been there and done that lol! Yes, it's easy for you to avoid her to see what you post but at the same time still be friends with her. And yes, She won't notice it..just go scroll on her name and check the restricted friend and hola from now on she won't see all your updates unless you make it public so does everyone can see it.

Ads

09-03-2013, 06:35 AM

Yes, I've had to do this to a boy.

1. Hover your cursor over their name.
2. Go to the Friend button on their profile pop-up
3. Scroll down to Settings
4. It says All Updates, Most Updates, or Only Important Updates - - Select Only Important Updates.
5. Uncheck everything else below it like life events, etc.

You will never see this person again and they will remain your friend.

P.S. My answer will stop all of HER posts from showing up on your FB page. She will still see your posts, but you won't have to look at hers anymore.