This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I don't want to become one of them. I am deleting my facebook account.?
09-07-2013, 12:42 AM
I don't want to become one of them. I am deleting my facebook account.?
I'm 14 and I feel like it causes too many problems.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-07-2013, 12:43 AM

welcome to the club.

Ads

09-07-2013, 12:54 AM

That is an intelligent solution! You may also keep the facebook account, but adjust your privacy settings so that only a few people can see your posts or respond to them. Limit those few people to a handful of no-drama nice people that you enjoy seeing...and add your parent(s). You'd be amazed how many of the snipy brats will avoid posting where your parent can see it. They are well aware that your parent will probably call their parent, and they'll avoid your page.

Turning off your phone at school and not checking messages until after school is over, and not after 10 pm, also cuts down on the drama factor. Be careful of who you give your number to. Maybe one or two people you trust and that avoid the drama and backstabbing, and that have the common sense not to give the phone number to anyone else.

Facebook can be useful, but for teenagers it's far too often a platform to bully, gossip, and otherwise be stupid. Ditching it is a wise move, in my opinion, because too many of your classmates are going to be, well.. STUPID.
09-07-2013, 01:09 AM

It's like burning your home to get rid of a cockroach. You can always avoid people who bully, flirt or annoy you. If not facebook, then use someother social networking site to stay in touch with your friends, neighbors or anybody else. You can't be sure that all of them will stay with you forever. It is a good option to maintain contacts and share our feelings.
09-07-2013, 01:14 AM

Very WISE decision , it may be hard at first to resist but remember why you are doing it !!!