This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13 but not allowed facebook?
09-07-2013, 01:31 PM
13 but not allowed facebook?
I'm 13 years old but still my parents wont let me get facebook. I understood when I was younger but now I have been 13 for a long time and they still haven't allowed me to get it. I will be sensible on it, no swearing, no bullying, no adding anyone who I don't know. They know that I have yahoo answers, ask fm and even youtube but they still wont let me get facebook! Surely facebook isn't as bad as youtube where anyone can see and hear you or ask fm where people can bully you on anonomous and where there is lots of swearing and rudeness. I don't understand why they wont let me. I have tried to tell them that I haven't been invited to parties etc because of not being on facebook and that many of my friends who I don't have the number of who went to my primary school have facebook and then I can keep in touch with them. My parents just said in return to that "why don't you just send them a letter." I am not going to make an account behind there account as I know that this would be wrong but can you think of any ways to try and perswade them? Thanks xxx
I also already use tumblr xx
Also my mum and dad both have facebook so they know that there is a privacy button and they could add me to make sure that I am being safe on there

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-07-2013, 01:33 PM

Facebook is full of stuck up bitches and sluts so use tumblr

Ads

09-07-2013, 01:42 PM

Maybe ask your friends that are on Facebook to try and ask their parents to talk to yours about it? Tell them that here's a privacy button that makes your account private to others. People who aren't friends with you of course. Hope it works out.
09-07-2013, 01:52 PM

try Google+

http://plus.google.com
09-07-2013, 01:54 PM

Tell your Parents your Old Enough Now And That you Will be Super Safe on it and That you will Not Friend Strangers and That you will Set Everything to Friends Only Good Luck if that Doesint Work than i Dont Know What to Tell you
09-07-2013, 01:56 PM

I can understand why you want facebook, but facebook sucks. Images of diseases babies with the tagline "like this" are common place, the moderation is ridiculous and the mobile apps are incredibly limited
09-07-2013, 02:05 PM

It's all about snapchat at the moment