This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Did my relationship status appear on my friends' Facebook news feeds?
09-07-2013, 05:08 PM
Did my relationship status appear on my friends' Facebook news feeds?
My relationship status was "single" and my friends could see it. I set it so only I could see it ("Friends Only" --> "Only Me"), and then I pressed save. Then, with it still being "Only Me"-private, I deleted my relationship status ("Single" to nothing/blank). As I was doing this, the thing even told me, "This will not show up on News Feed." Good, because I'd hate it if it was like "[Me]'s relationship status is no longer listed as single." Ugh!

After that, I set Relationship Status to "Friends Only" view, with the relationship status still blank. So essentially no one saw a change -- first it wasn't letting them see I had a blank status, and now they can 'see' I have a blank status. Shouldn't be any change or anything on their feed.

So there's NO WAY that "[Me]'s relationship status is no longer listed as single" crawled down everyone's feeds, right? A romantic interest has been acting weird after I did that, and I don't think they've been compulsively checking my about-me, but maybe Facebook detected the change after setting it to Friends Only, and revealed what I had done on news feed back when it was viewable by "Only Me."

Any help would be appreciated; thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-07-2013, 05:11 PM

I think you're being a little bit sensitive and over-worried about it. Forget it. Honestly, Facebook causes so many problems in people's love lives. Just continue as normal and the love interest will get to know you more in real life rather than on your Facebook.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply