This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
If I can predict the future popularity trend of a Twitter event, what can you potentially use it for?
10-13-2012, 09:48 AM
If I can predict the future popularity trend of a Twitter event, what can you potentially use it for?
E.g., say my system can take top 100 currently popular events on Twitter, and tell you which ten of them would surely see a high increase in popularity in the next hour on Twitter.

What could be potential applications for such a system?
Note that this is not about long term predictions. It is just about predicting popularity of the event (in terms of number of tweets) for the next hour. Thanks!
Let me also add a list of potential events. Events are like Twitter Trends. E.g.,
"Wyclef Jean SHOT In Haiti", "Tsunami in Japan", "Mitt Romney has beaten his rival Newt Gingrich in Florida", "New York giants win super bowl".

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2012, 09:56 AM

To predict where the money flows in the event you can get some of it? Of course that would be the only reason. Predict with some accuracy so that you can be on the recieving end of it would be a dream. Good luck.

Ads

10-13-2012, 09:56 AM

Buy advertizing space next to events that will become popular, then re-sell it at higher price once the event does become popular. Google and other advertizing companies are running auctions for ad space.