This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Facebook is giving me notifications when people update?
11-07-2013, 07:51 AM
Facebook is giving me notifications when people update?
Recently, I've been receiving notifications occasionally when certain friends update.

Weird thing is, it does it for a select few people and normally about 3 days after they actually posted the status.

I am definitely not subscribed to anyone nor am I "close friends" Also, the "get notifications" box is not ticked for anyone. So why is this happening?

How can I make it stop? I'm not interested if someone wanted to go to the beach 3 days ago or if someone shared a link about football... Or any other general status which I have no affiliation with

It's very strange

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2013, 07:53 AM

First, you need to go to their page and check whether you are following them, what is your relationship with them, and your account settings. You said that it's only for certain friends, right? So you better check what is the difference of this "certain" friends and the other. Go to the Notification settings and check the section of "What You Get Notified About". My friends also get her boyfriends status update when they first set a relationship. Do something and you'll get something. Just explore.

Ads

11-07-2013, 08:02 AM

some times Fb automatically subscribes some friends