This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I change wall post settings for a specific friend on Facebook?
11-07-2013, 07:54 AM
How can I change wall post settings for a specific friend on Facebook?
This might be too complicated a question for Facebook settings, but I have a lot of friends who post a lot of fun things on my Facebook wall that all my other friends enjoy. I want everyone to be able to see everything that everyone posts, but I have one friend who likes to post spiteful things when she's mad at me (or even thinks she's mad at me), and it causes a lot of stupid drama that isn't worth it. It's not worth unfriending her or even preventing her from posting on my wall (which would make her mad and force her to find other avenues to publicly post her feelings) - but it would be great if I could activate a setting that makes it so she can post whatever she wants, but only I can see it. I don't want to do it to EVERYONE though. Is there such a setting?

And I know, it would be great if people like this didn't exist in your life, or if they listened to your pleas to stop acting like crazy people, but there's only so much we can control. I'm hoping I can at least control my online presence! Smile Thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2013, 07:57 AM

✿ I'm sorry, the Custom is always for setting who can see & can't see a post; it doesn't take into account who post it, which is what you're asking.

It's a good idea though, you might consider to suggest that to FB.

✿ Your question challenge me though, ◦°◦нê◦нë◦нê◦нë◦нê◦°◦, this is the way around I come up:

1. First Step: Setting in Account Setting ➤ Timeline and Tagging

。a) for direct posting in your Timeline: set "Who can see what others post in your timeline?" to Only Me; so whoever post in your Timeline, only you and the poster who see it,
。b) for tagging: set "Who can see posts you've been tagged in on your timeline?" to Only Me; so whoever tagged you, only you who see it, not even the friend who tagged that will see it in your Timeline.

2. Now if you want to show a post that formerly only you who see it, as the result of setting in step-1, for your friends to see it in either your Timeline or on your friends' Newsfeed,
☞just cllick Share on that post to your own Timeline,
☞don't forget to check the audience setting at the bottom of the Share window, has to be set to Friends,
☞then press Share;
this way, you'll end up having the same two pic in your Timeline, but by sharing, you have the chance to add your own narration:
➤ the original pic that your friends posted/tagged on your Timeline, that only you* who can see it, and
➤another one as a result of your Share, that now your friends can see in your Timeline and in their Newsfeeds.

Good luck.

(hopefully I don't miss anything on the above, correct me if I did; however, I can't reply you, I'll try to put it in Comment then)

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply