This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does Comcast really not respect your privacy ?
11-07-2013, 01:04 PM
Does Comcast really not respect your privacy ?
I heard that if you download turrets you get warned by Comcast and the moniter everything you do which if this is true I don't feel safe because I have personal things I don't want anybody knowing like bank or downloads or info about my pc or whatever I do on the Internet . What happen to privacy . To update my firmware for my routers I have to go to the website and there torrent downloads from the exact routers makers .

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2013, 01:13 PM

Comcast's a company. A business, if you like. They don't "respect" privacy per se. If a connection is encrypted, such as it is when you connect to your bank, then they can see data traffic to a particular site (in this case a bank site), but they won't know the contents.

Most torrents and so on aren't encrypted. They're therefore not private, and therefore quite easy to identify. Obviously, your provider knows which sites you visit. This is something mandated by law for them, so they obviously do this. There's no expectation of "privacy" in that sense.

But, as I said, if you encrypt, they can't look into the data stream - but they still know it's there.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply