This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
does anyone here not have a facebook account?
11-08-2013, 05:26 AM
does anyone here not have a facebook account?
I was just wondering because I don't have one and I would never have one because a cooperate company having that much info about you is scary and plus o heard the engineers have a password to hack into your account and the fact that anyone can stalk you any time any where

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2013, 05:27 AM

None here have no interest in getting one,

Ads

11-08-2013, 05:38 AM

Just don't fill in all the details. People are too willing to offer up all their private info and neer bother taking time to lock their privacy down. Don't post or use your phone number, don't include your address, don't load up your email address book, and for heaven's sake shut off the feature on phones that identify your location everytime you post a photo.

Security and privacy are not rocket sciences. Basic common sense is the rule of thumb.
11-08-2013, 05:44 AM

I don't have one and I won't have one.
11-08-2013, 05:46 AM

i Have a Facebook Account But its Ok For The Ones That Dont Want to Use it You have a Choice As To What you Want to Do On The Internet
11-08-2013, 06:01 AM

Adelaide -

Trust me when I say that to anyone working at Facebook, you really are NOT interesting enough to hack. There are billions of Facebook users. Do you think the FB employees spend their days hacking account? Not hardly.

There are ways to set your privacy preferences so that no one you don't have as your friend can see your profile. You can also omit information such as location, education, work and relationship status. In other words, no one is going to stalk you. Again, in the grand scheme of things, you are not interesting enough for a stranger to stalk.

You do realize that you had to give information to Yahoo to sign up here, right? Do you have a Twitter account? More info given there. Instagram? Again, info given. E-mail? Yep...more info given. How about online shopping? Amazon, Target, Walmart, JC Penney, EBay? If you shop online, you had to give a big corporation your information to register for the site AND you had to give up a credit card number if you bought something. If you are so paranoid about stalkers and think that people working for large companies have nothing to do but steal your password, you should just stay off the Internet. That way, you can be totally safe.

If the reasons you give are why you won't get Facebook, they're a bit ridiculous, but, if it makes you uncomfortable, don't sign up. They won't miss you.