This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
what are your thoughts?
10-13-2012, 10:45 AM
what are your thoughts?
I am a psychology major and I am doing an assignment based upon people's first impressions of others. Being that social media is a big part of our society. I decided to use social media and how people think of others based on our portrayals of ourselves on social media sites. So judging by this woman's facebook, what is your impression of her. (Note: the people used in this have given me permission) and no this is not my profile, this is not a "am I pretty question" Please give me specific feedback nothing like "she's pretty" For instance, judging by her wall posts, pics ect what kind of person do you think of her as? What is your impression? Thoughts? or any other feedback that may be useful

I asked this last night but got like only 2 answers that were not very useful.

http://www.facebook.com/chantel.brookesvega

Please and thank you.

Respectfully, Amber

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2012, 10:53 AM

well she is obviously pretty but seems to be someone who is proud to be a mom. the fact that you see two kids pictures more prominently than her own. the page is pretty sparse too. so doesnt seem like she is actively engaged in facebook i didnt see a lot of content but i dont use facebook much so i might have missed something. i did notice a picture that looked like her on a mechanical bull. this would make me think that she probably like country music since thats where you find those. the kids look hispanic so i might guess that she would be too. none of these would be firm conclusions though.

Ads

Seems hardworking, a stay at home mom is a full time job. Probably depends on other people tho, and as her sister came over to cheer her up, apparently because she couldnt herself. Cares about her kids.

Well.....I didn't go reading and studying her profile page in any great detail as she wasn't of great interest to me as a first impression. I don't mean anything rude or nasty by that, it's just that she lives a life that I don't relate to.
She appears very wholesome and very clean living. She is a stay at home Mum and is very dedicated to that and her kids - or this is how the superficial facebook page projects her as. Most peoples pages are superficial of course.
Whether she is as described above or this is whats she's posting to paint an impression...hmmm
Actually, I think this is probably a good 'superficial' look at her life. Something tells me she is lonely. It's just a feeling, I just thought I'd mention it.
She puts a lot of effort into making sure her kids know she loves them. And her hubby.
It's a very confined, bubble like world. I'm not criticizing!! If I knew her from somewhere...we'd be polite and pass pleasantries probably. I don't think we'd be friends I don't know if she's that keen on expanding her social circle. It would have to involve hubby and the kids. She mentioned something about loving how they are all best friends. Well....
I'm trying to be very understated in my views lol
If this person was you the page would be a whole different story. The fact that you're doing an intense course, and it's also psychology...where would I begin.
Your world isn't this womans. Look, I'm a bit amused at how interesting your question is and how it's got me pondering. I'm enjoying having a good old think and it's fun.
I could get right into a big conversation of what I see and then what you see and thinking "oooh yeah! I see what you see now..etc"
Thanks for the challenge of forcing myself to summarize.