This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is their a positive side to social media?
10-13-2012, 10:48 AM
Is their a positive side to social media?
I'm doing a project on how social media affects people's perceptions of themselves. Do you see any positive aspects of social media on people's self-perception?
Also if you could add a source to your answer that would be great! Thanks Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2012, 10:56 AM

i feel better about myself when i see rich people spending their money unwisely like on drugs
becasue i realize they are only human too--so it can be up[lifting in that way

Ads

10-13-2012, 10:56 AM

Social media mess up people in the mind a lot. You constantly see celebrities and models that are so skinny and so many young people (especially girls) are affected by it a lot. They hurt themselves in the long run and just try to be "perfect". Also, in magazines they tell you what you should wear and what's in style. Watching television also f**ks up you're mind because it's like you're literally getting brainwashed most of the time, companies trying to sell you things and half of it doesn't even work. I think everything about social media is negative no matter what. It doesn't mean anything, there cannot be an ideal image of what is beautiful or what is right. It's all in our own minds, we should choose and do what WE think is right, not let others take control of our mind.