This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
imagine if we all took George w. bush advice and invested our social security payments in the stock market ?
10-13-2012, 10:52 AM
imagine if we all took George w. bush advice and invested our social security payments in the stock market ?
i still remember him campaigning 4 years ago with a big smile telling us we need to put our social security into the stock market , holy hell , who rules us ?
mel , i just wish he was consistent and say it today when stocks are cheap .

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2012, 11:00 AM

Wow what a disaster that would have been!

Ads

We would be up the proverbial creek without a paddle. Dodged that bullet didn't we.

social security isn't much, but my 401k is invested in the stock market and in the tank.

It wasn't just that idiot. The public would have been really screwed! But, don't foget, a lot of idiots in Congress backed that idea.

If I had, my money would still be there and I'd be buying more. People with short times to retirement would have had no reason to move their money but as I have decades it would have made sense for me..

Remember you don't make or lose a dime until you sell..

Seniors would be eating cat food. There is no noticeable difference Bush and McSame.

It's still good advice, as long as you aren't retiring in the next 10 years.

If you are retiring in the next 10 years, your investments should be cash and bonds anyway.

Now is probably a good time to buy as long as you're buying for 10 years down the road.

I wish that would have happened then all those democrats would not have been pushing subprime loans on the banks.

People have been complaining about having to pay into SS for years and years. George said what he did to please the Yuppies.Now i do not hear anyone saying they were wrong. lol Always Bushes fault isn't it.