This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to convince my parents to let me have a Facebook?
11-09-2013, 09:46 AM
How to convince my parents to let me have a Facebook?
(((reading is optional))) I'm 14, and a good person who gets good grades and doesn't get into drama or anything, My mom doesn't think Facebook is "safe" because of creepy online people and stuff, though I've told her many times that i would only be friends with people i know IRL and keep everything else private to outside people, and she could be one of my friends to be sure that was the case. I really only want it to keep in touch with some people that I have no other way of communication with (friends that go to different schools or friends that have moved, etc) or keep up to date with bands and stuff by friending them. I'm very responsible and don't exactly see whats wrong with it as long as i didn't get into trouble on it. I've told her all this many times, but she ignores it. what should i say to her?
May I add: i'm allowed to have instagram, tumblr, YouTube, etc., its just Facebook shes concerned with.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2013, 09:51 AM

Try making a Facebook account secretly, if you have to.
Just don't pull an Amanda Todd like exposing yourself on the internet, you might get into trouble and internet famous for some time.

Ads

11-09-2013, 10:01 AM

http://tinyurl.com/n48b6sk
11-09-2013, 10:04 AM

Just make a secret facebook....
11-09-2013, 10:05 AM

Give her the password to sign in Facebook and tell her to change the password. So your mother really have control over your Facebook account. That way you can't log in without her knowing so, and she can log your account out, that certainly ensure you can't log in without her permission and you can't change the password yourself (unless you claim to Facebook that you forget your password, but then she'll know it) & she can be sure what you upload to FB.
11-09-2013, 10:15 AM

Tell Your parents you friends are in facebook you want to cantact them