This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to tweet?????????
11-09-2013, 12:36 PM
How to tweet?????????
Just made a new twitter account. I'm a newbie. What happens when you tweet to people? Who sees it? And what's the purpose of that # sign?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2013, 12:37 PM

you can't.

no seriously, you cant.

all you can do is write twitter a letter, take it home with you, and kill yourself.

sorry :/

Ads

11-09-2013, 12:53 PM

Only your followers see your tweets! And if someone is looking for your account (a friend), they can see what you have tweeted, unless your account is set to private, then you have to accept their follow request. # is a hashtag and it's just used for a little bit of extra commentary in tweets! That's also how trending topics happen, through hashtags. They are technically supposed to be used for categorizing tweets so you can see what else people are saying about that topic (ie music, movies, shows). Hope this helped, happy tweeting Smile
11-09-2013, 01:01 PM

When you tweet anyone could see it, exaple: hello i'm a newbie. If someone searched "Newbie" they can see your tweets and many others who tweeted "newbie, your followers can see your tweets too. If you don't want just anybody looking at your tweets then you can go to settings and make it where only your follwers can see.
11-09-2013, 01:12 PM

When you tweet someone all of your followers will see that tweet in their news feed. If you tweet someone by using the @ symbol they will receive a notification that you have sent them a tweet. For example if your username is bob15 and I want to tweet you I could type "@bob15 how is your day going?" The # symbol is used to see other peoples' opinions on a topic. For example, If you likes cats you could search #cats. Then all the tweets with the #cats would show up. Then you can see what other people are saying about their cats. If YOU wanted to tweet about cats you could type "I love my #cats !" There are a lot of different hashtags that you can check out and use in your own tweets! Smile
11-09-2013, 01:26 PM

I'll compare it to facebook.

Basically you post a status/tweet. Unless you have changed your privacy settings, anyone can see it by searching for your key words or #hashtags, or by subscribing to your feed.

#Hashtags are almost in a way the word of the day or usually involve a common idea such as something like #boyfriendproblems or a significant event like the #Olympics. For example: "Like OMG by BF was toootalyy drunk today #2012olympics #boyfriendproblems"

Hashtags make it easy to search whats trending or to find likeminded people

You know... Twitter likely has a how to page...