This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My 13 year old sister wants a Facebook account should i open it?
11-10-2013, 10:23 AM
My 13 year old sister wants a Facebook account should i open it?
My 13 year old comes up to me all scared and says that can you open a Facebook Account for me. Now she wants it coz her friends have also have a facebook account and now she also want it
What should i do now as of now i have told her that ill think about it but iam just a bit worried please please help and if i dont then she might stay angry wid me forever oh goddd

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2013, 10:32 AM

Yeah, I don't see what's so wrong. 13 is the right age to get an account, remember if she does get cyber-bullied(if that's what you're scared off) she can always block them or deactivate and make a new accountSmile

Ads

11-10-2013, 10:37 AM

then create acc. for her 13 yrs old can handle Facebook with your guide

that will do
11-10-2013, 10:46 AM

Don't do it.
Mark Zucker **** what ever !
Has created a monster waiting to devour the innocent that go on there
with the bullying stalking and sexual escapades.
11-10-2013, 10:55 AM

Yes, open a Facebook account, especially if a lot of her friends have it, it's a nice way to stay in contact with your friends regardless to where you are right now.
11-10-2013, 11:06 AM

Well, it depends on your choice. There is nothing wrong in getting a Facebook account for a 13-yr old but watch out for cyber-bullying and sexual material. She might need your guidance.
11-10-2013, 11:20 AM

Open the account, make sure she is very open about everything AND especially set the privacy settings to **FRIENDS ONLY** to avoid any implications such as irresponsible posting, this way, it doesn't go public. Add her too, it's a smart thing to do to keep track of things going on AND if she is getting bullied, she can easily have an extra arm of support to report/block the person involved.

If she wants one and is responsible, then go for it.

PS. You should be aware that many people PM underage youth and ask/beg/threaten them to "flash" (expose themselves), which if that ever happens, the pictures will be screenshot/saved and passed around. You would NEVER want that to be seen at the school either. Also, friends are NEVER the same online as they are in real life. Something to be cautious about!
11-10-2013, 11:32 AM

surely make it for her only make sue u keep an eye on her fb account to see whats shes doin
thts all
11-10-2013, 11:33 AM

it is not good for her.
11-10-2013, 11:41 AM

You have to Decide What you Think is the Best For your Sister

If you Do Decide to Let Her Have a Facebook Account and Open One For Her

If you have a Account Add Her as a Friend

And Tell her to Never Add Strangers And Set Her Information to Private