This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why doesnt my android phone play facebook youtube vids but plays vids from the youtube app?
11-11-2013, 07:57 AM
Why doesnt my android phone play facebook youtube vids but plays vids from the youtube app?
the youtube app that is used in facebook seems to be different then my phone app, what can i do to make the links on facebook work?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2013, 08:00 AM

It seems to be a problem on how the fb app handles the youtube videos.

If you get an actual link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/...) then android's youtube app correctly triggers to take care of that action. However, when the fb app resolves the link into an embedded video frame (the pretty place holder for the video) , then the youtube app cannot trigger correctly.

I am not sure which app creates the problem though. Maybe the youtube app doesn't 'listen' to that kind of actions correctly.

Workaround: Tap and hold the text bubble around the embedded video frame and copy text. This will copy the actual link and then you can paste it in your browser.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply