This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Will i get in trouble if i delete my facebook account and create a new one?
11-11-2013, 09:53 PM
Will i get in trouble if i delete my facebook account and create a new one?
i want to delete my fb account cuz i want to make a new one and start from scratch. Will facebook detect that it's the same person? i heard u may get in trouble, and they lock both accounts cuz they found out. Is there a big risk

Also, before i delete the old one, what's necessary to make a new One? Change email, so i can use the same one for the new fb account. But that's pretty much it, right? I don't need to change my username, password, or backup my data? thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2013, 10:09 PM

1) Before you delete your account, you'd better download your data.

Go to Account Setting ➤ General Settings ➤ at the bottom you'll see "Down a copy of your FB data", click it ➤ Follow through...

See further https://www.facebook.com/help/www/405183566203254?rdrhc

2) Do not use the same email address & the same mobile number, unless you're sure the deletion is complete (which I don't know how long it takes)

3) Don't forget to write down everything you put when signing up, remember
• Security Question: fill in with something that nobody can guess it such as your mother's name, school etc ➤ remember, this can't be changed! ➤ this is useful to identify yourself in case something happened to your account (say, hacked);
• User Name: you can only change this once, so you'd better choose this carefully, yet easy to remember by you & any other friend;
• use your real name, in case you have to submit ID to claim your account;
• you can put alternative name now or later on to further distinguish you in case many people have the same name as yours, so maybe you put your nickname known by your friends in here;
• make a good pasdword for your email & your Facebook account.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply