This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
. What are the greatest benefits of social media for individuals and society?
10-13-2012, 11:43 AM
. What are the greatest benefits of social media for individuals and society?
How it helps you as a person

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2012, 11:51 AM

Its a Stalker and Burglars dream come true. Especially the idiots who Twitter about when theyre home or not.

Ads

Social media (here and social networking sites) enhances my life by introducing me to people that I would never come into contact with,off-line.
It has greatly helped me in understanding other views,including Religious and Cultural views.

I have met some incredible people,on-line,including my girlfriend.
I've also come into contact with some cyber-stalkers and trolls,but they are of little importance to me.

That's the individual though,as for society in general?
I think it's helping most people break through the cultural boundaries that have been set up and is making most people's lives better.
People are able to talk to other people from almost anywhere now,and it's creating a true global village.

As a person, using social media, allow me to connect with people that I may or may not know personally. Making the communication more easy is the best among its benefits. Social media can also use to promote cause or charity. After every crisis for instance, the social media for social cause becomes a more effective medium to spread the word.