This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I stop being too addicted to social media?
11-12-2013, 02:19 PM
How do I stop being too addicted to social media?
I need to slow down how often I'm on social media sites like Facebook and Twitter. The problem is that I'm an editor for this online magazine so it's really hard to keep up with work and stay away from social networking sites. Does anyone have any tips for people in my situation? Anything helps, thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2013, 02:24 PM

Sometimes we just need to unplug completely. My economics professor advised us to unplug for at least an hour a day (in addition to classes Tongue), turn of all of our devices and just spend time in thought. Our brain craves to be active and the internet provides us with the perfect avenue to do that with all sorts of information coming from different directions. When we go without technology for even a short amount of time, our brain works in a similar way and thinks of ways to keep us working (kinda like counting all of the red or blue cars on a really long drive to help pass the time). This can also lead to really productive thinking in your line of work because you'll be allowing your brain to branch out and work in ways it otherwise wouldn't if you're on facebook or twitter. It's really helped me out to just unplug and turn off everything for at least an hour. I hope this helps and wish you well!!!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply