This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
GS: What do you think about this new "trend" of job seekers who are being asked for their?
10-13-2012, 11:54 AM
GS: What do you think about this new "trend" of job seekers who are being asked for their?
Facebook, Twitter, and other online accounts (YA?!) user name and password, so the company can see how their prospective employee portrays themselves to others?

Does a company's concern for hiring someone who may make disparaging remarks about their employer outweigh freedom of speech?

BQ: If you were desperate for a job, would you hand over your log-ins if that meant the difference between being hired or not?

http://articles.boston.com/2012-03-20/bu...d-facebook

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2012, 12:02 PM

Wow... o_O

Ads

No one is entitled to my mostly private information but me and whoever I decide to share it with.
I'd work somewhere else. If I couldn't, I'd make new accounts.

If they wanna look me up online fine! But to ask for passwords, heck no!

I'm throwing away my computer and locking myself in the shed for eternity.

I'd say yes, as long as I could also have theirs so I could decide if they were the kind of people I wanted to work for.

@ Common Sense: You can make your Facebook profile so private that only your friends can see you. If someone tries to look you up you don't show up in any searches. That's how I have mine set.

That is exactly the reason I refuse to make a Facefuc* or Titter account. Bytches be spying...thoes that have these things are just making it easier for your govt and foreign govts to aquire sensitive info.

They don't need your log in information to see what you've been posting. (I have a hard time believing many perspective companies really ask for log in information)

It's not just employers. Many colleges check facebook accounts.

Me - I don't do facebook, in part because of the public nature of it and I would not give a potential employer the password to my personal email.

(Thanks for the note Lisa B)

~

God!!! this is a disgrace ..what ever next

Stuff like this makes me paranoid. This is why even on Yahoo answers, I like to delete a lot of my questions and answers. What annoys me more than anything is that the questions still show up in gray on your account after you've deleted them, and you can't delete anything after a question closes.

This is why I think websites and forums like this, which allow free speech, can actually be quite dangerous. Anything you do online can be found. With such freedom it's very easy for people to mindlessly write things online that they wouldn't want someone else to see.