This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Kevin Durant protected by the NBA?
10-13-2012, 11:58 AM
Kevin Durant protected by the NBA?
Is Kevin Durant the NBA`s goldenboy? He gets to the foulline more times than some of the best drivers like Wade and Lebron when he himself is a jumpshooter. And when ever he chokes out a game he doesn`t get the negative publicity like a Lebron James would. Like tonite vs the RAPTORS he AIRBALLS a 3-pointer that would`ve won the game for them, yet he gets no negative publicity. If it was Lebron "Lebrick" would be trending on twitter right now.
@Kibby yep true dat, dat boy D Rose gettin mad hype too. I seen the last minute of regulation of that pacers vs bulls game, and I don`t understand how the refs call a foul on collision on Rose`s last shot but no foul on Rose on Granger`s shot?
Yeah and no way Derrick rose should win MVP for shooting 43% from the floor. dat is HORRIBLE! and the main reason the Bulls are winning so much is because they have the best defense in the NBA and dat is due to the best defensive mind in the NBA, Thibideau (Boston Defense).
@tyrique o Game 5 vs Pistons is the most clutch showcase I have ever seen in basketball, guess what it was by Lebron. How about that playoff series vs the Wizards where he hit 2 gamewinners. or that shot in the playoffs vs the Magic. But u obviously don`t remember those because a)ur a little kid or b) ur a hater.
And trust me Durant has missed WAY more than 1 potential gamewinner in his career. Wat about against the Lakers last year in the playoffs which would have tied the series at 1 or the shot vs. the Lakers on ABC a couple of weeks ago, etc.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2012, 12:06 PM

exactly. a lot of people who criticize lebron's ability to be clutch also praise kevin durant the next second. it's hypocritical. durant has missed multiple game winners actually in the past 2 months. but nothing. i have respect for kevin durant but people need to realize that great players don't make every shot.

i don't know if i'd call him the nba's "goldenboy". there are numerous players in the league that get BS calls because of star power...

Ads

Yes.

And now Derrick Rose is also up there. We have been hyping him when he had a good streak, but when he has a bad one we decided to ignore it.
__
I didn't watch that one but it's a good example right there. He has been shooting really bad the past two weeks or so, but only a few people have noticed that since the Bulls are winning. He is taking the credit that belongs to his team a little bit.
__
EXACTLY. I would say he could win MVP with 43% if he was the defensive leader. I doubt he is a top-3 defender in the Bulls though.

Some players are better at drawing a foul, like carmelo anthony, that doesn't mean the league likes him more, it just means he sucks at basketball.

B/c the guy is humble and nice and never complains. He hardly gets techs and lebron is just hated b/c idiots hate him b/c 1. he is too good and 2. He didn't join their team.

to the guy who was talking about lebron and durant clutchness lebron never really made a big shot i can really only think of 2 times lebron took over final 5 minutes , really durant has made buzzer beaters it not the case of evrery player misses it a case what do you do after you miss.

to the question no nba isnt protecting durant it just because lebron is the most hated guy back to back mvp who the whole season hasnt been clutch durant miss 1 tonight lebron miss about 6 straight game winners this season

I don't see how Durant gets to the line so much, although it's usually off a bonus ground foul, not always shooting. He doesn't always choke. Just because you miss a tough shot doesn't make you "nonclutch". And Durant is a little bit of a goldenboy, but he's a great person.

are you jealous because he can get to the fouline more than you lol

I dont think he's protected or favored. He actually plays with the intention of getting fouled. He'll pump fake and jump into the defender drawing the foul. Wade, however, drives recklessly to the lane and throws up a wild shot and sometimes doesn't get the call. Lebron just bullies his way into the lane, basically running through people, and gets the call 50% of the time. I think the refs already gave Wade a chance when they gave him a title. Everyone knows that the mavs were robbed. You had wade shooting 20 free throws or something like that in the 4th quarter alone! Driving recklessly to the basket throwing up prayers, flopping etc. Also, with Lebron, someone said he is not liked because he didn't join their team. That's not true. He is not liked due to his arrogance. Why does everyone still like carmello? He made it known that he no longer wanted to play for Denver but he's still liked. Lebron, on the other hand, dissed his team on national TV and took the easy way out to try and get a championship. This is why he is hated and scrutinized all the time. He talks mad shit. He says karma is why his old team lost by 50 points, then his team goes and loses by 30. He's just an arrogant person. People don't like that.