This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What do you think when you get a Facebook friend request?
11-13-2013, 08:00 AM
What do you think when you get a Facebook friend request?
1) How well do you want to know somebody before you accept a request? 2) Do you accept requests from people you've only seen but never talked to? 3) Do you typically check out the requesters profile if you do accept their request? Thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-13-2013, 08:04 AM

i think of how might i improve the quality of the friendships that i regularly have in person and improving my own personality before i go spreading a false, self-conceived image of myself to others who really know nothing about me

Ads

11-13-2013, 08:13 AM

Well of course I will see that person's timelines & About first if I considering to accept it or not.
But most often, if it's a complete stranger, I mean I've never talk to that person even in FB (eg. via groups or message), I would decline it.

But that's me, why open my timeline including my photos & whatever I do in FB to somebody I don't know & have no interest? Merely to be seen as having a lot of friend? that's such a stupid idea to me. People will see & stare at you when you're 'naked' in the street, yes that's an extreme example, but what is the point....
And maybe, maybe that person will be your 'hacker'/enemy in disguise?

You can be the so called 'famous' too by allowing Following you. That way, they can only view your public post & activity.
11-13-2013, 08:28 AM

1) If I don't know them personnally I won't accept. (Like complete strangers). Otherwise, perhaps... Depending on when I met them and how well do I really know them. Sometime old people from highschool make me really curious. I want to know what happened with them.

2) If I saw them but never really spoke, I'll see that as a "Hey why don't you come and talk to me!" in school as example... So it gives me a reason to approach them quickly "IRL" and eventually accept their requests to maybe share stuff with them.

3) Sometimes... Depends on the person. But usually I scroll a little to realize that it's fill with common crap. So I go back to home... If it's an attractive girl I'll just instinctively check some of her pictures. Maybe comments if something funny comes to my mind or enjoy if there is bikini pictures! Yup! Or just get turned off if I see that she's engaged.