This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Twitter-bating? Arguing on Twitter a do or a don't?
10-13-2012, 12:01 PM
Twitter-bating? Arguing on Twitter a do or a don't?
Is it just me or is using Twitter to argue with people back and forth a little second grade? I mean it was bad enough when people were using MySpace posts to dis each other, now you have to do it in real time updates? What happened to the days of cussing someone out face to face?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2012, 12:09 PM

Good question. I find it interesting that alot of the questions we see here on Y!A all deal with computers or texting or some electronic thing or another. We as a society have gotten away from the personal contact and have worked our lives into just a quick email. I find many of the social networking sites just slightly less then useless, although I do mess around with facebook. It is a good method for keeping long distance relationships intact, but if you are right in front of another person, it is a wrong way to go. I should not have to find out that my wife has a cold from reading her blogs.

Ads

10-13-2012, 12:09 PM

Everywhere there is high school drama. I just saw some vids on youtube where people make "high class" vids and respond to people's responses. It's so over the top and dramatic but I guess that's what happens when your bored or hate your own life, those are the ones that like to cause trouble for others. Twitter-bating sounds like virtual masturbation.....<chuckles>