This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why is facebook still popular?
11-13-2013, 07:35 PM
Why is facebook still popular?
Its already public that it uses our information in illegal ways, its filled with people sharing way to much, it is one of the main causes for relationships endings (due to jealousy mostly), it caused dependency and stress related symptoms... So... Why is it still so popular?
*causes
Thanks for all the answers so far. Why do people need social profiles at all? I mean, I do understand that some attention seekers might need their stage but wouldnt it be better if we all went back to the old " Ill meet you in the coffe house later" thing?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-13-2013, 07:37 PM

It's not as popular as it was before, but people mainly go to that site to play games.

Ads

11-13-2013, 07:43 PM

People are sheep. Put them back in their pens!
Its a peer pressure thing too.

I deleted my facebook years ago due to this NSA spying. Fuck that. Everyone was finding me on facebook too. Also if you meet a stalker some day, they wont be able to tell bad things to your friends. I highly highly recommend it.
11-13-2013, 07:57 PM

It's actually getting less and less popular. It's more about twitter or instagram. But I do suppose it's the best way to connect with friends and you can use your facebook account on virtualy any website.
11-13-2013, 08:05 PM

It reached a critical mass. They have more people than everyone else and people already invested a huge amount of time putting up massive loads of content. Starting somewhere else you lose all of your previous posts, photos and videos and you will have to get all of your friends to sign up and use the other service (which they won't do probably because not all of THEIR friends are on the other service). Additionally, many people are addicted to games that are only playable via Facebook or use Facebook as the infrastructure for social sharing (e.g. Candy Crush, Farmville).
I personally think Google+ is a much better platform technologically speaking but they really messed up the initial rollout and didn't get enough people on-board to really challenge Facebook.

Hope this helps!
11-13-2013, 08:15 PM

Because you and me like facebook .

Thank you .
11-13-2013, 08:16 PM

Satisfied verities type of people with verities type of contents.