This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to Engage in Social Conversation?
10-13-2012, 12:36 PM
How to Engage in Social Conversation?
My boss at work has assigned me the daunting task of finding a marketing company that can help us get involved with social marketing. I am wondering how to select a good company on the social side of company marketing. When I choose the company how do they engage in conversation on our behalf?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2012, 12:44 PM

Before engaging in conversation, study or have the profile of the marketing company. Follow their line of interest and from there, find the links or relation it has in your company.

Ads

The primary aim of 'social marketing' is 'social good', while in 'commercial marketing' the aim is primarily 'financial'.

Think GREEN and whats good for mother earth and the people and animals who live on it and you'll have the right mentality. Look at what products your company produce and promote why its good for people, animals and the planet!

These are things to take into consideration when selecting a company to market you. Start in the phone book (source others) at local advertiser marketers to "give you and your boss a presentation". This is usually FREE and will give you AND your boss plenty of options to choose from. Your (and your bosses) final selection, will be the medium used on how they will engage in conversation on your behalf Wink

Hi there. Your boss and thousands of others are asking the exact same questions. Finding social marketing companies is not difficult. Putting them through your test is the fun stuff. You are already asking the right questions as they apply to the brand image of your company.

Social marketing is not a new concept, doing it online is. The fundamentals are very similar with the biggest difference in reach and message delivery. There are some marketing firms I have seen with decent strategies but the truth is none of them can produce any proof of measurable response on ROI. That's no slight on any SM professional, it's just too new to the marketing world.

As long as your representation in the social space is for "social good" and NOT "buy me" it is a great way to build relationships that eventually lead to some level of trust. That said, scream "buy me" and you're ousted out of town.

A great read I enjoyed about this very subject.