This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
im 21 and i dont have facebook, should i get it?
11-17-2013, 01:35 PM
im 21 and i dont have facebook, should i get it?
simple, negatives and positives, should i get facebook? i think i must be the only person my age not to have it...

im not very nosy so dont really care what people other than family and friends are doing and i text or ring or see them in real life anyway... from what ive seen facebook is basically just for being nosy.

but people keep saying i should get facebook just to keep in touch with people and whatever, should i?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-17-2013, 01:40 PM

I'm 23 & I don't have one & live a fairly productive life, crazy I know!

Ads

11-17-2013, 01:43 PM

Well yes. Mainly because its good to use when your on your laptop/computer and you want to have a chat and work at the same time. You can also play games if your interested.
11-17-2013, 01:52 PM

It's pretty boring if you don't want to write a lot of status... I use it ONLY for photos cause I live in UK and family live in Australia and other places around the world. That's my only reason, if it assent for that i wouldn't have it (I'm 18) I prefer talking to people unreal life, who needs hundreds of friends who you hardly know or talk to out of my 300+ Facebook friends I talk to about 5 of them... Don't bother with it!
11-17-2013, 02:03 PM

I wouldn't recommended it.

Positives;
Keeping in touch with friends and family via instant messaging. (You can see if they have read your message, and at what time, however this works both ways.)
You can share photos, videos and links with your Facebook friends, which can be useful, but also annoying.
You can see information on other people, so you may not need to ask them a personal detail if you forget it (Birthday, email, religious/political views, media they like.)

Negatives;
It's bad for relationships.
People can send you requests for various things, like games and 'causes'.
Some people post extremely boring status updates about un-noteworthy things.
If your privacy settings aren't right, some people can see everything about you.
You can't ignore people without them knowing.
11-17-2013, 02:06 PM

Sometimes facebook is easier for contact then texting. It can remind you about family and friends birthdays, it can help you keep in contact with people who have moved away, and it can basically be an online diary/planner/address book.
11-17-2013, 02:09 PM

Well, I'm 36 and I've resisted Facebook for 9 years, or however long it's been around. I don't think I will ever use it, and I know a lot of people (my age and younger) who have deleted their accounts due to how inane it is.

As I see it, I have this thing called a phone and it works for "keeping in touch with people and whatever". The only reason Facebook exists is to invade my privacy and waste my time.

Also, one of the main advantages of the Internet is anonymity. If I am going to share my opinion with millions of strangers, obviously I am NOT going to use my real name or photo because I don't want to be stalked by some maniac.

To me, Facebook is for letting people know: I'm sitting on the toilet and having a poo right now, I believe in (insert political opinion here), I look like this (insert photo) and you can find me here (insert address, or enough photos and information that any psychopathic nut case can easily find you on Google). No thanks, quite frankly.

Meagan: "It can remind you about family and friends birthdays, it can help you keep in contact with people who have moved away, and it can basically be an online diary/planner/address book." My phone can do that too!