This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How much should I charge for services?
10-13-2012, 01:22 PM
How much should I charge for services?
Cool, i have to prepare a proposal for a new account that I'll be handling and am trying to decide on a monthly flat rate for providing social networking and media marketing for the business. I want to be reasnable since they are just starting out and it will take at least 3-4 hrs a day at least 3-5 days a week in addition to plugging their brand anywhere and everywhere I am. Would you have an idea what you would pay for that? Or a gut feeling of what I should ask for? thank you for your consideration

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2012, 01:30 PM

I would say that your should work for about $10 an hour for that kind of work.

Ads

10-13-2012, 01:30 PM

Great question! As a consultant, you must accurately propose what the total cost in conducting such online transactions. Traditionally, consultants will create a budget of all expenses including travel time, research, phone calls, write-ups, etc... Next, tally up the total estimated time to complete all projects. Finally, the total cost divided by the total estimated number of hours to complete the project would give you the amount you're charging per hour. For further consideration, look at what other people are paid in different industries for similar tasks. Again, that's the traditional approach. A more appealing option to you and the start-up may be an equity investment into the company. It's attractive because now you're discussing/negotiating ownership in exchange for your expertise. The drawback is you don't usually receive any pay until the business begins to turn a profit. Yahoo EQUITY INVESTMENT and begin additional research there.

The Best of Luck