This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I have an Idea which has huge market and social and environmental value but does not come under patent norms?
10-13-2012, 01:27 PM
I have an Idea which has huge market and social and environmental value but does not come under patent norms?
I desperately want to reveal it but want to be make sure it will give me some returns,It can be easily copied, so no options for creating venture based on it.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2012, 01:35 PM

what exactly is the question?

Ads

If it really works as well as you say it does, get out there and make it and sell it as fast as you can. Its all in the marketing. Think of breakfast cereals, they are often the same stuff dressed in different packages. They compete for market share by clever marketing.

If you are first out there with your wonder 'product' you will have a window of opportunity to capture a significant market share before any one else starts to compete.

"No options for creating a venture"?? What makes you think that?

Many products and processes are not 'protected' by patent. Is there a way to make it hard to find out how your innovation works? E.g.; - potting a circuit completely in resin - keeping the process a 'trade secret' etc.
A patent in itself gives you no real protection at all - it gives you the right to go to court and argue a breach, then attempt to establish a case for some sort of financial restitution of perceived loss.
That's great - so what would your financial resilience at court be anyway?

MOST good ideas can be easily copied. Establish a licence to manufacture agreement and get out there first and foremost with your product. If competition really would ruin your chance at the market - which is not very likely, then start designing upgrades, add-ons or improvements before you even get Version 1 into the market. Then, when the competition finally catches up with you - you can release Version 2. That way the competition is left selling 'yesterdays news' by comparison.

Find an experienced business advisor, a 'business angel' investor with experience in the relevant field to your offering or locate your local chapter of the Inventors Association for some advice.

Good Luck.