This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is this the reason why Bush wanted to "Privatize" Social Security?
10-13-2012, 01:30 PM
Is this the reason why Bush wanted to "Privatize" Social Security?
With the market bottoming out, it really makes you wonder why Bush was pushing so hard to put Social Security in the stock market like he was wanting to do.

Was it a way to get more from the working class people?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2012, 01:38 PM

It was not a forced plan. It simply gave people an option of what they wanted to do with their money. They could choose to invest all, part, none.

Ads

It was a way to GIVE more to the working class people. With public social security you have 30 to 1 ratio almost, by the time the younger generation is old enough to get social security I wouldn't be surprised if that number went up significantly. With private SS you're responsible for your own retirement. Now with the market down so much I would be surprised if the next administration does not completely fix SS.

I actually supported that idea. Shows you how much I know.

The idea is to turn you into a slave.
Get you in debt, keep you there and take everything you can earn to service that debt and to try and survive.
Bush supporters and republicans in general cannot seem to grasp this simple truth. It is obvious to anyone who can see.

No. Bush wanted to privatize social security to

1) give you direct control of your retirement dollars similar to how you have control of a 401K plan. You can also pass your earnings onto your children. It is your money that they take from your paycheck, why shouldn't you have control over it?

2) keep the money out of the general fund so that politicians don't blow it on pork projects.

Two very good reasons to me.

So true.

I think this might be the only case where President Bush's failure actually helped us out.

Great question. Imagine if his scheme had succeeded in sucking all that money from the pockets of average Americans?
Someone once said, "nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of Americans".
The government, through programs like Social Security, HAS to protect us from ourselves.

well the deadbeat mortgagers blew 3/4 of what republicans and democrats sent away to a strange desert land so you both look guilty too me.

Your just a plain .....**

If the market is doing well you would claim Bush and Chaney are the only ones making money..... When it's bad you make up some ridiculous question about how Bush wanted to ruin SSN......... What's next???

For the record he wanted it Privatized so the American people would have greater control over their money, and the government would have less. After all has the government ever run anything without stealing funds from one program to create another. Just look at SSN and Medicare..... And the market is failing because of bad lending practices that banks were forced into by the government. We have to be politically correct and not deny loans to people who could never repay them......That's where your liberal, social minded politicians take you .........right to the poor house, but at least we will all be equal right?