This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Doesn't the GOP need to jettison the social conservatism and focus solely on the fiscal conservatism?
10-13-2012, 01:34 PM
Doesn't the GOP need to jettison the social conservatism and focus solely on the fiscal conservatism?
I mean why do I care if someone is gay, an Atheist or pro-choice (as long as they oppose late-term abortions)? All I care about is whether or not they support free markets, a balanced budget, free trade and low taxes (as long as it doesn't conflict with the balanced budget). The Religious Right has exercised its stranglehold on GOP for too long, we need to return to our roots.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2012, 01:42 PM

Yes indeed the only conservative to be like that was Barry Goldwater but he's died sadly with all those religious nut-jobs in the party now it won't be happening any sooner..

Ads

Yes. the GOP should be more like our Democrat party and focus on homosexual activities.

Social authoritarianism is the glue that holds together the GOP.

The Social Conservatives/Neo-Conservatives are in power, and they honestly don't care much about being fiscal. They constantly make rhetoric about being fiscally responsible, but they're even less fiscally responsible than the Democrats.

These people just care about the bible, and instigating wars in the middle-east to bring on their "rapture". I think most people remember the infamous comments Bush made to the President of France about Gog and Magog being about in Iraq.

I would love to see the fiscal conservatives return to power in the Republican party, and overthrow the Democrats in office. But for now, I'd actually prefer it if the Democrats are in office. As long as the Evangelicals dominant the Republican party, the Republican party will always be destructive. These people hijacked the Republican party in the 90s, and I doubt they'll let go to their power.

I really would like to see the Republican party return to truly being the Grand Old Party. One of fiscal conservatism, and intelligent folk, rather than being the religious nutjob central that it is now.

The GOP is a big problem for us pinko-commie liberals. If the GOP gets rid of its best source of votes, it will become a big problem that solves itself. Sounds like a plan. Where's the petition to kick 'em out? I want to sign it!

I don't see how the GOP is socially conservative. What laws are they advocating against gays or atheists? You can't say, of course. And another interesting thing: are you admitting that homosexuality and atheism are liberal stances?

I wouldn't mind a fiscal conservative that was against religion in government, pro-marijuana, and for socialized medicine.

Wouldn't it be refreshing if a real person could run for office and not have to bow to the morons at whatever political party they belong to. It would be awesome if an economist or 2 were in congress instead of lawyers.

Social conservatism has been the downfall of the republican party. Those who want fiscal conservatism, must reject the social conservatives if they want to expand their party. Many independents and even liberals will join them if they get rid of the social cons.