This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Social Media: What do I do?
10-13-2012, 01:37 PM
Social Media: What do I do?
I am trying to find ways to get my company more engaged with social media...facebook, myspace, twitter?? What are some ways to do this effectively to get our brand noticed?

Ads

Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2012, 01:45 PM

Myspace is way too much work to make it look good. I would suggest Facebook just because of it's ease of use. Of course, you may lose a bit of productivity because of all the games. Twitter is for twittering twits, it's just like the status message aspect of Facebook.

Ads

Find all posts by this user

Here are some example uses:
http://blog.technicalley.com/why-would-y...o-twitter/

The first step I would recommend is to begin using some brand monitoring tools to find out where people are talking about your brand and what they are saying. A simple Google search will reveal a plethora of options, but to get started you may want to consider setting up Google alerts for some key terms related to your brand. In order to become a "social" brand, you need to be a good listener first, after that than you can begin entering conversations with your consumers, addressing their concerns, and developing relationships that will help to drive business. It is crucial, however, to keep your accounts transparent and personal, people are much more apt to respond and develop relationships with a person representing a brand than just a brand.

We have recently posted an entry on our blog at http://mghwom.com/blog/?p=253 discussing how to launch your brand into the social media space. If you would like to talk more about this or some tactics that may be more specific to your brand or industry please feel free to email me at rwalters@mghus.com