This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I remove Trending Now?
10-13-2012, 02:12 PM
How do I remove Trending Now?
I have never been more insulted by an email client than I am by this Yahoo Beta's Trending Now stuck in the header. This is my email account, not some guage of millions of peoples online searches. Who is Yahoo to insist I should have this shite forced onto my own mail box? Surely this should be an option only? I have removed all these mindless applications from the My Yahoo page (Including Facebook and Twitter )and yet they all remain in my mail page. If this is not remedied then I will have no option but to end a 12 year good relationship with Yahoo Mail.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2012, 02:20 PM

Back up.

Now, calm down. I'm sure this can be sorted out... I mean, you've been paying all this money to Yahoo for 12 years now, so I'm sure that this can be worked out.

Wait... Oh yeah. You get it for FREE!

I gotta go look at my Yahoo mail page now. Hmm... Ok. Been there since 1997...using the Classic client... where's the Trending now? Oh there it is... it's on the What's New tab. I didn't see it, because I never view that tab. I go to my Inbox... and I can't see that Trending Now thing.

So... there's one solution. Switch back to the classic Yahoo mail client, and just don't bother with the initial What's New tab.

Aww... wait though. You want them to treat you like you've been giving the money for all these years, rather than like you've been getting good service for nothing.

Well, you can use a client like Outlook Express and a Yahoo mail gateway program like YPOPS....
http://email.about.com/od/outlookexpress...Expres.htm and then that gets rid of all your complaints... you'd STILL have to switch back from Yahoo Mail beta though... and you'd have to switch first.

But as far as dictating how Yahoo sets up the FREE online mail client? Nope. Face it. You get what you pay for.

end of line

Ads

10-13-2012, 02:20 PM

This is not a free service. I pay to have no adverts in my Premium Account so I will not accept putting this senseless crap all over my mail face. Up till now Yahoo has kept the "news" service within tabs but not plasted in prime position with no opt out.

Even the "free service" is paid for by advertising placed prominently on the page so no I am not here as a recipent of a free email system thankyou.