This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Seniors, are you going to mail hiliday cards this season?
10-13-2012, 02:15 PM
Seniors, are you going to mail hiliday cards this season?
I am. I don't do "social media" sites.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/social-med...37512.html
That's supposed to be Holiday. Yahoo won't let me change it in the question.
sandie, you'll be the last of the snail mailers only if I die first.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2012, 02:23 PM

may send a few but generally send mine via e - mail. quicker, easier and cheaper in today's world.

Ads

Oh great more torture in mailboxes

I've whittled down my card list to about 10. I only send cards to long distance relatives. But I consider it a chore, and not something I enjoy. I always write a few paragraphs on each card, so I end up repeating myself 10 times. I look at it as a "lost" afternoon when I have to send out cards.

I have a brother and my kids. Everyone else is gone to the great beyond. No, I no longer send any greetings by any snail mail or otherwise.

Yes Larry I still send out greetings and thank you cards and letters. It's the only time I get to use my lovely fountain pen which I've had for years.

The art of handwriting is disappearing fast so it's nice to put pent to paper and wish someone seasons greetings.

I also like to receive them.

Just a few to my favorite people. The US Postal Service and I are not friends so I avoid using them whenever possible. And I keep in close touch with most of the people I care about anyway, the few cards I send out are more just for, well, now I'm not sure what or why. There are a few people I do always send cards to, maybe just a handful of people though.

Yes.

I don't do computer cards or social sites either. IMHO, Facebook and others are full of people with narcissistic personality disorder and I choose not to be a part of that scene. (I prefer to spend time talking about "ME!" lol).

I think sending a snail mail card demonstrates more of an effort to wish them MC..

I will definitely be sending Holiday cards this year.
I think this year I may do Eid--last year was Chanukah. I am a non-discriminating Holiday person.
I probably have 20 people to send cards to this year.

I send hundreds of cards throughout the year. I probably address over 100 Christmas cards alone, each year. I love snail mail! I send cards for all those unknown holidays, too. I tell the recipients that it beats getting a bill in the mail anyday!