This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I'm catfishing someone and I want to stop?
11-21-2013, 11:49 PM
I'm catfishing someone and I want to stop?
First of all, please don't just go judging me before reading through my story. I have never meant to fake a page and catfish people.

Two years ago I just made a Facebook page with someone else's picture for fun then it got more serious. It was when I had gone through severe internal bleeding and was hospitalized and basically my life was in crumble. Being this someone I created was the best way to forget my life.

But now after two years it became more or a habit and not i'm not as insecure or sickly as I was before. I would love to stop being a catfish me fooling people. I recently started talking to a guy and he is just amazing and he wants to visit me. I really would love to but I have no idea where to begin with or how to say how sorry I feel. I am now pretty confident with who I am so I just want another chance.

Do youguys think this is possible? I know as a fact I lied about who I am.. I'm just really desperate and sad as of now. Thanks for reading everything. I'd love to get feedbacks.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-21-2013, 11:50 PM

if you meet him and you aren't the person that he thinks he's meeting (the person you represented yourself as), he's going to be upset and angry with you. there's really no possible way that meeting this person will end well. take this as the opportunity for you to start over and be yourself, if you are confident with who you are it will show and people will respect you for being your true self =)

Ads

11-22-2013, 12:02 AM

Okaaaaaayyy.....If you don't feel comfortable telling him that you are a catfish then you could just tell him BEFORE meeting him that you have been using your friend's account because you're not allowed facebook. You then tell him that you never lied about yourself and that you are the same person just look different and have a different name!!! If it works, great!! If not....it could be worse.....

Hope this helps ^-^!!

P.S.
You could send him a real photo of yourself so he gets it, and if he still agrees to meet you he'll realise that all the other stuff was true upon seeing you told the truth about your picture!!