This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Starting a Social Network website..A growing market? Or a monopoly?
10-13-2012, 03:10 PM
Starting a Social Network website..A growing market? Or a monopoly?
18 year old kid here, and I am looking to delve into the world of social networks and whatnot..I know that many people are entering this market with the success of facebook, twitter, myspace, and soon google plus, and I know that not everyone will make it big like Mark Zuckerburg (or the other multi-million net worth creators)..

I, myself, am wondering what it would take to start up a social network website. I mean, not what the costs of running a site like facebook is right now (probably millions of dollars), but, at the time of the startup of facebook, what did it take for Mark Zuckerburg to launch that website (how many hours would I spend coding, how much money would I spend, etc, etc)..

Is it a growing market, or is it a difficult market to enter into and make money because everyone prefers facebook/twitter (and will not likely waste their time signing up for another social network website)..

I am just wondering, because right now I am thinking becoming an entrepreneur one day, and creating such a website is just one idea on my list.

So again, how much time, effort and money would I spend into making the aformentioned website? And what type of programming language would I have to learn (and what are the other steps of creating such a site)?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2012, 03:18 PM

It costed Mark Zuckerberg $300,000 to start it up. He got the money from venture capitalists.

For coding your website, you will need AT LEAST 10 years of programming experience as it is very complicated, you will need to have a comprehensive knowledge of marketing & business,.

I know you don't have 10 yrs of programming experience, so you will have to pay a professional programmer thousands and thousands of dollars to build it, then you need to pay a designer to create the designs. You need to buy servers, and a domain.

Sorry for the cold shower.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply