This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Deleting all of my social media?
11-25-2013, 12:24 AM
Deleting all of my social media?
I'm 15 and I decided to delete/deactivate it all. Facebook, Twitter, instagram, tumblr, everything. I was so unproductive since I started using Twitter especially. I got my first B after I started using Twitter! Which sounds weird, but I'm generally a straight A student. I deactivated everything yesterday and I keep getting these urges to tweet everything I'm doing like I use to. I changed the passwords to a random combo of number and letters, so I couldn't try to reactivate even if tried to. I just have so much free time now I don't really know what to do? How do I stop automatically grabbing my iPhone after something happens so I can tweet it? I know it sounds really pathetic.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-25-2013, 12:30 AM

You could always try a shock collar.. Everyone you reach for it.. Just send out a little electricity.
OR..
You could go do what 15 year olds used to do.. And hang out with your friends!

Ads

11-25-2013, 12:41 AM

Not really I did the same thing like a week b4 I turned 16 I dont have none of them no more u can still text people your gonna think about it at times but like just be like no I just listen to gospel now I stoped a lot of stuff now all I have is gospel music just a bunch of stuff now I'm trying to stop with mcdonald's
11-25-2013, 12:49 AM

Try doing a sport! It will really keep you busy! (: I have to say, you are one smart girl. Choosing your grades over your social networks! Thats smart, Its too hard for me to do. well Good luck ! (:
11-25-2013, 12:53 AM

It's not pathetic, it's natural. Try finding a hobby and start asking your friends to hang out with you more. Maybe even study some more (but I doubt you need it if you're getting straight A's). I think it's a REALLY good idea of you to deactivate everything. Watch TV, go for a walk, find something you like. Idk, make a t-shirt! Do something cool. Start making and selling stuff. If you're old enough, get a simple job at WalMart or something. Overall, keep up the anti-social media thing!
11-25-2013, 01:00 AM

I've had the same problem. Internet addiction is a real thing. What I did made a set time I can use electronics within the day. Try not to use your phone before you sleep because it stimulates you and can make it hard to sleep. Make sure you have it turned off while you are studying or doing homework. I know it sounds lame but it got to a point for me where I couldn't trust myself so I just asked my mom to hide my iPhone from me and not give it to me. I told my friends to call my home phone. That week was a week where I got the best sleep, and actually got things done. This is what worked for me. I know how hard it is to resist the call of Tumblr or Instagram but you are the only one who can do something about it!