This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Instagram Hashtag's aren't showing up in tagged pages?
11-25-2013, 07:08 PM
Instagram Hashtag's aren't showing up in tagged pages?
Alright, this is really starting to tick me off. I run two pages (my personal, and a fan page) but neither of them are working. When I post my hashtags (and I don't post those popular ones from Tags For Likes) I used to get 10-20 likes, but now I get none. If I click on a hashtag, it brings me to the tagged page but my picture isn't there. Is it not registering that I posted my picture? It's really annoying, and it restricts me from getting likes and followers. Does anyone know how to fix this? I tried it on my phone, an Android Galaxy S2, and my mom's phone, a iPhone 4, and it's not working on either one. I restarted my phone and even uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Someone please give me a solution, thanks!
Alright, I changed my username like someone suggested and it's still not working. GAH. It's been 3 days now and I hate that I can't post. ;~; I emailed Instagram and they don't even have a section to tell them that something is wrong (such as Hashtags, or likes, or followers, etc etc) and since you HAVE to choose a subject to even send them a support e-mail, I had to choose Disabled Account since it was the closest one. Two days and I still don't have a response. -___-
AHA! I found the problem! I was posting a picture of an anime character not wearing a shirt (it was a guy, nothing inappropriate. xD) and I put #Shirtless as one of the tags. Turns out, that's a blocked tagged or something. I got a hunch and searched in the tags for the #Shirtless tag and nothing was in it. I tried putting my picture in again without that one tag, AND IT WORKED. So that's why it wasn't working, even if I tried it on another phone! I hope this can help you guys! For some odd reason, it disables all of your tags. Try going through them and taking out the ones that might be inappropriate. I hope I helped! (:

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-25-2013, 07:18 PM

Having the same problem as well. I have a HTC Hero, tried restarting it, pulling the battery, re-installing the Instagram app, etc etc. even tried posting a photo on my GF's iPhone. My photos still do not show up any hashtag. Instagram never worked for me, my account is like bugged? still trying to find a solution

Ads

11-25-2013, 07:30 PM

I am having exactly the same problem since I updated instagram just before Christmas. I hashtag a photo but it doesn't show up in the feed. Have emailed IG five times and nothing. Really frustrating!
11-25-2013, 07:32 PM

I'm having the same problem. You can only have a maximum of 30 hashtags on a photo, and I have way less than that and my photo still isn't on the tagged page.

I just made another profile to see if it was my phone (iPhone 4a) or Instagram. I uploaded a random picture and included a hashtag and the photo was there!

I don't know what's wrong with Instagram, hopefully they fix it. I'm going to try and change my username and see if that fixes it. You should try that, just deal with it, or make a new account.

Edit: okay, I changed my username and my hashtags work. In pretty everyone who is experiencing this has a blocked username or profile.
11-25-2013, 07:35 PM

I wish I had the magical answer I have an Android Galaxy S2 as well and the same problem started the beginning of December. It has been very frustrating as no one on the Instagram side seems to be addressing the issue. Yes you can start a new account like that one person suggested however, after all of the work but in and all of the time spent it is very frustrating to have to start over (especially if the problem still exist) So you start over and it works then it happens again. Someone should know how to fix the problem or at least address the problem so that the users know what we should do. If it something that is temporary then okay or if it is something that is not fixable. I have tried the install, uninstall, log out for a week, try to tag through webstagram, Facebook app and all of that nothing seems to work. If someone would tell me where I can email Instagram support I am more then happy to do that all day until I can get some kind of answer as this is very frustrating as it makes it to where you can not really share or be a real part of the instagram community. My account for the record has never been on private nor is it on private setting now so that is not the issue. This is happening to public accounts.