This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What happened to Myspace?
10-13-2012, 03:49 PM
What happened to Myspace?
I migrated to FB from Myspace along with all the other sheep, late last year. A few years ago, the"mass exodus" was Friendster to Myspace. Too many people (adults) made it clear to me that Myspace is for teenagers, and teenagers only. Even though I always used it to showcase my Artwork, mainly. Now it seems no one I know cares about Myspace and it is hardly even mentioned. Has it been OVERRUN by teenagers and crappy musicians and artists? Should I bother to revamp my page there? I HATE being a trend follower (no Twitter! EVER!!). And all this shite just takes away valuable time that I could use for making Art, but I'd like to know what the general consensus is today on MS. And (assuming you are out of High School) is it still a socially viable asset to have a page there. If I already have my own real website for my Art, would it be silly to still have a MS page? Can I still meet other cool people (18 -35) on there by maintaining that page? Thanks.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2012, 03:57 PM

it's still possible to meet people, but most people still left on myspace are bands, little kids, or someone trying to promote/sell something, which makes it not the best place for a consumer base

i would recommend creating a fan page on facebook instead, as it's much easier to get attention drawn on facebook, and there are more adults using it

Ads

Yea you can still meet other cool people from 18 to 35 but most of the people are now using facebook

Myspace is still used a lot
my friend actually hates facebook with a passion
i use both and i meet people all the time on both sites

it wont be silly to still display your art on myspace
you can def still meet people on myspace cuz it is still used a lot