This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do you find this annoying? (when people brag about being "depressed")?
10-13-2012, 04:01 PM
Do you find this annoying? (when people brag about being "depressed")?
Many times on instagram and facebook, I see the kids at my school brag about being depressed. It's like they shove it in everybody's faces! All the time they post sad, mournful black and white quotes like "my life...a black hole...forever in darkness" or "sometimes I'm depressed. There, now you can go to school and talk with all your friends about how psycho I am". It drives me nuts. The response is obvious; they get a flood of comments from people saying how beautiful and strong they are. One of my siblings was diagnosed with clinical depression last year (she takes medications for it, and it's been a very long, daily struggle). She keeps it totally silent

I just kind of get the idea that people with real depression DON'T share it with complete strangers. They DON'T look for opportunities to bring it up in a conversation, and they DON'T post things about it on social media sites. I almost see it as a personal insult to people with true problems (who don't self diagnose themselves)

what do you think?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2012, 04:09 PM

It's normal teen "cry for attention". Look at me! I'm different!

Ads

i remember doing that, god i hate myself

they do it for attention and yes it is annoying

I totally agree with you.. My mother is a social worker, and even she gets annoyed with this kind of stuff. I mean, these people dont even try to help themselves. Im not the kind of person who would just be unhealthy and not to anything to fix it, and i dont understand how someone could stay depressed and not try to help themselves.. Its just kind of stupid. Ive seen and met depressed people and i feel really bad for them because they try and try..

I've always hidden it. I wasn't diagnosed with depression, well, kinda, bipolar disorder. I was never the attention seeking type.

I find it really annoying when someone claims to be depressed just to get attention.

Or when someone says "I got a D on my test, I'm so depressed"

That's not depressed.

oh my god.....SO annoying!!! its very insulting to those who actually struggle with emotional issues.....i've felt depressed for years, and theres been times where i've seriously thought about suicide before.......so when i hear people throw around the word "depressed" or other similar things as if its no big deal i get EXTREMELY offended by it. like - complain all you want of how you don't like someone but DON'T say it makes you depressed!! and yeah, i don't know about everyone else who feels depressed or has felt depressed...but i don't bring it up at all, and avoid topics like that at all costs, i find it extremely embarrassing actually that i have these emotional issues i have to deal with every day.

sorry to ramble, but yes, i totally agree with you!