This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can someone tell me what Instagram is?
11-27-2013, 12:07 PM
Can someone tell me what Instagram is?
Everyone is telling me to get it. I hate facebook though...so....what's so great about instagram?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2013, 12:11 PM

Instagram is an online photo-sharing and social networking service that enables its users to take pictures, apply digital filters to them, and share them on a variety of social networking services, such as media sites including Facebook or Twitter.A distinctive feature is that it confines photos to a square shape, similar to Kodak Instamatic and Polaroid images, in contrast to the 16:9 aspect ratio typically used by mobile device cameras.
Instagram was created by Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger and launched in October 2010. The service rapidly gained popularity, with over 100 million registered users (and around 90 million monthly active users) as of January 2013. Instagram is distributed through the Apple App Store and Google Play.Support was originally available for only the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch; in April 2012, support was added for Android camera phones running 2.2 Froyo. Instagram has no plans to offer Windows Phone support,though a release of an Instagram app for Windows Phone is rumoured for May 2013.

Ads

11-27-2013, 12:22 PM

Similar to Twitter, you can follow people except they're only photos (but you can add captions, like, and comment) you can also edit your own photos and post them. And you can also explore your friends, and the featured photos.